I remember a few years ago when I first started blogging that I had so little traffic that I only needed to use a shared hosting plan.
At the time, I started out with Bluehost, and ask my blog gained more and more traffic I ended up switching over to SiteGround for quite a while after that.
Eventually I got more traffic than my SiteGround hosting could handle so I went online to look for the best web hosting for high traffic sites that I could find.
Surprisingly, there are quite a few options if you’re somebody that gets a lot of traffic on a regular basis to your site, and you’re going to want to consider switching to a better hosting service once you start hitting the 10,000 or more daily pageviews threshold.
The problem with some of the more well-known, shared hosting providers is that high levels of traffic are going to clog their servers and this is going to cause your own website to slow down, something you want to avoid.
One thing that I want to mention is that my experience with hosting is with using WordPress as my blogging platform, although I’m sure if you’re using a different platform that any of these hosts are going to be a suitable choice for you.
Keep in mind that if you have a high traffic website and you’re looking to upgrade your hosting, that it’s not going to be as inexpensive as you’re used to.
Shared hosting, like with providers such as Bluehost and HostGator, is notoriously cheap, and you’re definitely going to have to shell out a bit more for something that’s going to be able to handle the high levels of traffic and future growth or your web properties.
With that quick introduction out of the way, let’s take a look at some great hosting companies for high-traffic websites.
Best Hosting for High Traffic Sites
For most people, Kinsta is likely going to be the best choice if you’re looking for fast and reliable WordPress hosting for a high-traffic website.
There are a wide range of different plans available to choose from depending on your preferences, and all of them come with unlimited visitors and pageviews so you never have to worry about whether or not you’re traffic is going to exceed your hosting limitations.
The Kinsta platform is actually hosted on the Google Cloud Platform, so you’re able to enjoy blazing fast speeds and incredible up-time, truly enhancing your visitor experience and encouraging your website to run as quickly as possible.
Some people might consider their plans to be quite pricey, with the basic business plans starting at $100 per month, but if you’re looking to take your website to the next level it’s definitely a worthwhile expense to consider.
Kinst has more than eight years of experience providing WordPress hosting for high traffic websites, and they’re a suitable choice if you’re looking for a managed solution that’s capable of handling your high volumes of traffic.
Some of the features that you’re able to enjoy with Kinsta include things like:
- Choosing a specific location for your datacenter depending on where the bulk of your traffic is coming from (US Central, Europe, Asia-Pacific)
- Free website migrations, which means you don’t have to worry about migrating your own website (the Kinsta engineers will take care of everything for you)
- Lightning fast website speed thanks to integrated technologies such as Nginx, PHP 7, LXD Containers, and MariaDB, ensuring that your visitors can quickly access all of your content
- Incredible customer support from experienced experts that are able to help you with any of your web hosting problems
- High levels of security to keep your website and your visitors safe from hacking or other malicious attacks
- Dedicated staging area where you can run tests or try a different versions of your website without immediately going live
- Easy to understand dashboard where you can look at your analytics and keep an eye on everything going on underneath the hood.
For a lot of heavy traffic websites, Kinsta offers the best solution to handle your traffic and to ensure that your website loads quickly so that your visitors have the best possible experience.
Definitely check out the different Kinsta plans as well as the many different features to get a better idea of what you can expect if you’re looking to upgrade and switch to a host that can handle your traffic volume more effectively.
Another great option for high traffic websites is going with a web host that offers a great dedicated server solution, and in this case my recommendation would be with Liquid Web.
Liquid Web offers managed dedicated server solutions that are able to handle high levels of traffic and keep your website up and running, even under heavy strain.
It’s fairly pricey, with a single dedicated server starting at $199 per month, but if you’re getting tens of thousands of page views everyday then this is something you’re definitely going to want to consider.
Some of the different notable features with Liquid Web include things like:
- 100% uptime guarantee, meaning your website is always going to be up and running for your visitors to access
- 24/7 monitoring for security and hacking related issues
- Amazing customer support that’s always available to help, regardless of the problems that you’re experiencing
- Plenty of bandwidth, RAM, as well as a 1TB backup drive just in case anything goes wrong with your website
- DDOS attack protection
- Full management of the CloudFlare CDN, which really helps with site speed and offers even more security for your site
Going with a dedicated server is a great idea if you’re getting a lot of traffic everyday and you want to make sure that your website is up and running, even under extreme boosts of visitors.
Currently, Liquid Web has more than 30,000 clients around the world, a number which continues to grow as more and more website owners take advantage of their awesome hosting services.
There’s no doubt that it’s expensive, but if you’re looking for a hosting service that’s able to keep your website live even under heavy traffic, it’s Liquid Web that you’re going to want to take a look at.
Pagely is already working with huge global brands such as Visa, Disney, and eBay, making them my third suitable recommendation if you’re looking for a great hosting service that’s able to handle high volumes of traffic.
I want to start off by saying that the different plans from Pagely are actually quite expensive, with the most affordable option starting at a steep $499 per month.
However, if you’re getting upwards of 50,000 or more daily pageviews, a hosting solution such as the ones that Pagely offers can really help to keep your website quick, always available for your visitors, and with so much traffic it’s very likely that you’ll be able to afford the high price tag.
What I really love about Pagely is that they offer website migration support for up to two different websites as well as a 30 day money back guarantee if you really don’t like their hosting services.
There are a whole bunch of other great features that they offer, including things like:
- Fully managed WordPress that you can focus on content and link building rather than worrying about all of the technical aspects of your site
- Great performance and speed things to everything being powered by Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Built-in redundancy meaning there are all range of different mechanisms in place to help keep your website up and running, even when mistakes or failures happen
- Automatic daily backups just in case you want to restore your site and to save everything for you if something goes wrong
- Expert technical support from professional WordPress users available 24/7
- SSL acceleration for fast load times and improved user experience
Those of you looking for a great web hosting service provider that you can use for your high traffic WordPress site should definitely take a look at Pagely.
It comes with great features, awesome technical support, and it’s definitely suitable if you’re getting a lot of traffic volume and you want to ensure that your website is always up and running for your visitors.
Over the past few years I’ve heard quite a lot of good things about Cloudways, especially from people looking for website servers that are capable of handling traffic surges as well as providing incredible uptime over the long-term.
Cloudways offers a managed cloud hosting platform and it’s a great choice if you’re looking to switch over to something that can handle higher volumes of traffic without choking or causing your site to slow down.
There are a variety of different flexible plans that you can choose from, and you don’t even need a credit card to get started if you want to test them out before settling on to something more serious.
It’s simple to use, and it seems that Cloudways emphasizes making it easier for less tech-savvy website owners to be able to manage their websites without having to get confused by all of the more technical details.
When it comes to the pricing, there are actually some very reasonable plans starting at just $7 and ranging up in price all the way up to $715 per month.
Of course, for a high traffic website or blog you’re going to be paying a little bit more than you would with shared hosting, but it’s definitely worth it for the uptime and overall user experience.
Some of the other notable features of Cloudways includes things like:
- More than 25 major Datacenter locations, which helps to reduce your users latency and keeps your website loading quickly for visitors from all over the world
- You were able to choose your cloud infrastructure from a variety of different providers (Google, Amazon, DigitalOcean, etc) depending on your preferences
- 1-click backups just in case of emergencies or if you want to revert your website back to a former setup
- Real-time monitoring so you can easily keep an eye on your traffic and website metrics
- 24/7 available customer support through live chat
All of these different features along with the fact that there are some pretty competitive options when it comes to pricing for the different plans makes Cloudways a host you’re definitely going to want to check out if you have a lot of traffic and you want to ensure that your website is always up and running for your visitors.